The trust runs Kaka-Ba Hospital since its inception in the remote, tribal area of Gujarat. Kaka-Ba hospital runs programmes in various pockets of the State related to health promotion and prevention of diseases along with organizing multi-specialty health checkup and treatment camps to address immediate clinical needs, patients’ screening and provide all required treatments with nominal or no cost.
- 10 lakh+ patients treated
- 10000+ plastic surgeries conducted
- 1000+ patients screening and treatment camps organized
- 25,000+ poor patients availed free dialysis services with pickup and drop facility
- 100+ community awareness programmes on community health and hygiene
The campaign to provide quality healthcare services to the needy patients started for the people of Hansot and surrounding villages across Gujarat and the neighboring states. Today, patients from Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Assam, and Maharashtra come to Kaka-Ba hospital for treatment.
Plastic Surgery: A mission to spread smile
Plastic Surgery Campaign initiated by Kaka-Ba Hospital has emerged as a heavenly blessing for poor patients having various physical deformities like cleft lip, cleft palate, post burns contracture, organ disability, etc. The surgeries are done totally free of cost irrespective of socio-economic status of the patient.
Initially, patients were hesitant to contact and respond to the hospital's appeal for registration for plastic surgery to mend their physical defects. With continuous efforts, the campaign started getting momentum. After a slow beginning, people went on pouring in the hospital once they show the miraculous changes in their relatives and villagers resulted through plastic surgery.
Since June 2008, more than 6000 patients with deformities including cleft lip, cleft palate, post burns contracture, organ disability correction and reconstruction, ear implant have benefited through this initiative.
Our commitment and relentless efforts towards the betterment of needy people help to catch the attention of national as well as international organizations and build strong partnerships with NGOs and government to serve the community better.
- Operation Rainbow Canada: In 2015, to extend super specialty services for Plastic Surgery, we collaborated with internationally renowned NGO, Operation Rainbow Canada (ORC) and performed 500+ surgeries so far with a special technique in which bleeding during surgery is minimal and require fewer antibiotics. The doctors from ORC collaborated with trained doctors of Kaka-Ba for the special technique. To identify patients for plastic surgery, Kaka-Ba hospital conducted a series of screening camps in various pockets of Gujarat.
- Indo Africa Charitable Society: Kaka-Ba collaborated with Indo-Africa Charitable Society (a Vancouver based organisation providing medical and educational support to poor communities) for the provision of healthcare, clothing and educational materials for children living in rural areas.
- Government: We have also been serving as nodal agency for the state and central government's various schemes like Mukhya Mantri Amrutam Vatsalya Yojna (MAV), Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY), Rashtriya Bal Suraksha Karyakram (RBSK) and also extended support to the government for the successful execution of the schemes like Development of Women and Children in Rural Area (DWCRA), Taluka Mental Health Programme, Tuberculosis Eradication Programme and Maharshi Asthavakra Scheme launched by Department of Social Justice and Empowerment for the Welfare of Physically Challenged People.