Pursuant to its corporate philosophy of striving for continuous improvement and betterment, the Company has re-located its manufacturing operations at the state-of-the-art plant at Dholka, located 50 km from Ahmedabad, the commercial capital of Gujarat. Spread over 44 acres of verdant, picturesque surroundings, amidst lush green lawns and thick foliage, the new locale is an envied pharmaceutical installation in the Asian sub-continent.
Truly unique in every sense of the term, the Plant’s standards and facilities can match any other, worldwide. Seven ‘zones of cleanliness’ have been defined and adhered to, as per the 1997 GMP guidelines of the European Union. Some of the salient features of the design concepts:
- No wood or asbestos component.
- Each zone has separate AHUs (Air Handling Units), dehumidification unit and dust extraction systems.
- Segregation of every critical processing activity in each zone, to avoid cross-contamination.
- Adherence to stringent specifications of USFDA, MCA(UK), MCC(South Africa) and TGA(Australia).
- Respective zones, areas and even uniforms marked with specific colours of the rainbow (‘Indradhanush’ in the vernacular), to ensure total segregation.
- Air environment conditioned in each area with respect to temperature, humidity, filtration, particle counts, etc.
- Conformation of each processing stage with US Federal Standard 209E class of cleanliness; viz. 100, 1,000, 10,000, 100,000 with respect to room air changes, pressure, particle count, flow direction etc.
- Duo Pass Reverse Osmosis (RO) water system, multi-stage distillation plant, self-sanitizing, sanitary SS 31 6L loops water, water for injection with online monitoring of pH, temperature, conductivity and TOC requirements as per USP XXIV.
- Zero-discharge Effluent Treatment Plant constructed using technology from Advent Integrated System, USA.
- Environment-friendly VAHP chillers.
- Rigvent heat extraction devices and Natural Skylit system in raw material, packing material and finished good stores.
- Isolated and dedicated production facilities for B-Lactum and Cephalosporin dosage forms.
The complex also houses its own full-fledged R&D center, set up at a cost of Rs. 200 million.
The Plant is equipped with modern high-speed machines and integrated packaging lines to be cost efficient. Extensive use of non-fill devices, collators, Brevetti visual inspection machines, multi-station tablet presses, FFS machines, high speed vial/ampoule filler/sealers are some of the examples.
The plant—with high capacities and scope for future expansion—is capable of manufacturing all dosage forms viz. Tablets, Capsules, Liquid Orals, Dry Syrups, Aseptic Liquid and Solid preparations, Sachets etc.